1. Personal Information/Personal Data
Personal information/personal data (“personal information”) is information that identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include information about an individual that is publicly available nor does it include deidentified, anonymized, or aggregate information. Unless otherwise provided herein, personal information will be understood to refer to the personal information you provide to us through the Site or the Services and will exclude personal information you may elect to disclose to any other party, including one or more of our sponsors.
2. Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We Collect Personal Information You Provide to Us: We collect personal information from individuals who directly register with us to receive newsletters or otherwise voluntarily provide us with personal information.
3. How We Use Your Information
Generally: In general, we may use your Registration Data, Contact Information and/or other information or data we receive or collect from you or other sources, as well as data we derive or infer from combinations of the foregoing, for a variety of purposes, such as:
- to present our Site and Content to you;
- to provide the Services to you;
- to facilitate the creation of and to secure your user account;
- to customize and personalize the Content we deliver to you on the Services;
- to measure and analyze Services usage and enhance the user experience on our Services;
- to improve the content of our Site or our Services, including our marketing;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as distributing electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and blogs, surveys, and public forums;
- to provide you with information about our Services that you request from us;
- to register you for email newsletters to receive updates on services, events, and other offerings of interest to our users;
- to alert you to the latest developments and features on our Services, events, and activities and to notify you of administrative information, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to ask you questions about your interests and your experience on the Site;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- for identity management, security, and auditing;
- for any other purpose for which you provide it; or
- in any other way we may describe before we collect your information.
4. Sharing Your Information With Others
We may provide your personal information to service providers or contractors to perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, communicating news; performing Site or Services development or maintenance; providing functionality or other services for our Site and our Services; sending postal mail, email, or other communications; removing outdated and repetitive information from our lists; measuring and analyzing our Services usage and our data; developing, enhancing, marketing, or providing any of our Services; or assisting us with other marketing and support functions. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. They are not authorized to use your personal information for their own unrelated purposes.
We may also disclose an individual’s personal information:
- if you elect to take advantage of certain features or services provided jointly by us and third parties to enable them to communicate with you directly, to enable the Services on their platforms, or for research purposes;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to provide you with information that you have requested;
- to a person or company who in our reasonable judgment is seeking the information as an authorized agent of the individual;
- if, in our reasonable judgment, it is necessary to enforce compliance with our internal policies or the agreement for our Services or to protect or defend our legal rights or property, or the legal rights of our business partners, employees, agents, and contractors;
- to protect or defend our Site or Services or protect the safety and security of our users or members of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances;
- to protect against fraud or to conduct risk management;
- to comply with the law, legal process, or legal requests, including, without limitation, a court order or subpoena;
- in response to a law enforcement agency’s request;
- to another entity as part of a merger, bankruptcy, a sale of assets or all or part of a business, or any other corporate change or re-organization; or
- to a third party or parties, where the individual consents to such disclosure or disclosure is required or permitted by law.
5. Managing Your Information
Modification of Your Registration Data: We provide you with the ability to modify your Registration Data, which you may do by contacting us. You will need to contact our sponsors directly if you wish to modify any personal information you may have provided to them in connection with any Sponsor Registrations.
Retention of Your Registration Data: We will keep the personal information you have provided to us for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information you have provided to us, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process it (and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means), and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize the personal information you have provided to us so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal information.
Upon expiration of the applicable retention period, we will securely destroy the personal information you have provided to us in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Cancellation or Deactivation of Accounts: If you would like to request the cancellation or deactivation of your account with us, you should contact our customer support team for assistance. If you elect to have your user account deleted from our database, all of your data will effectively be removed, will no longer be available to us, and we will no longer be able to provide it to you if you decide later to become a member with us again. You can reach us at email@example.com to deactivate your account.
Rights to “Opt Out”: If you are receiving emails, texts, or similar online communications from us, it is because we understood from your registration on our Site or your information request that you were interested in receiving ongoing information from us. If at any point you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you may at any time “unsubscribe” from these communications by following the “opt out” directions to be found at or near the end of the communication. Even if you “opt-out” of these email communications, we will continue to communicate with you about administrative matters relating to our provision of services to you. If you have any questions about the opt-out process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if we have already shared your personal contact information with one of our sponsors or partners, unsubscribing from our communications list will not prevent these third parties from continuing to email or text you. You will have to send an opt-out request to those third parties directly. Opportunities to “opt out” from receiving emails and texts are usually found on these companies’ website or at the end of their emails or texts. If you do not wish to have your personal information shared with our sponsors or partners, then you can request that we stop such sharing by emailing us at email@example.com.
Sponsor Registrations: If you would like to request the cancellation or deactivation of any Sponsor Registration or stop receiving communications from one of our Sponsors, you must contact the customer support team of the applicable sponsor for assistance. TVTP has no responsibility or liability for your experience with, and the data collection and use practices of, such third-party websites, including those of our sponsors.
6. Security and Content From Other Websites
Protection of Data From Loss: We have implemented security measures designed to reasonably protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information we collect from you. However, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our databases nor that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Data Integrity: We will take steps to ensure that all personal information collected, processed, and/or stored is protected from destruction, corruption, or use in a manner inconsistent with the purpose for which we received it.
7. Do Not Track
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers nor is there a common agreement about how to implement these features or interpret user intent. Our Services are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
8. Our Policies Concerning Children
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 16. We prohibit registration by, and do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from, anyone under 16 years of age. In the event we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16, we will take reasonable measures to remove such information from our servers and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law). If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 16, please contact our customer support team.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, this policy sets forth the rights that apply to the sharing of personal information with third-parties that we understand will use the information for their own direct marketing purposes. You may contact us at the email address in Section 10 below to request that we provide you with a list of the categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties that received personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year.
10. Additional Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
Legal Bases for Collection and Processing of Information
Our collection and processing of your personal information is supported by a number of legal bases. Set out below are the most relevant ones. Please note that while we may rely on one legal basis for a particular activity, if that is no longer applicable or available then we may be able to rely on another basis.
With Your Consent: We collect and process some of your personal information because we obtain your consent.
To Fulfill a Contract: We collect and process some of your personal information because we need to do so either to enter into or fulfill a contract we have with you. For example, we process your personal information when we provide products or Services to you that you have purchased on our website.
For a Legitimate Interest: We may process your personal information where we or a third party have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding how people are using our Services, both to improve them and to market our Services more effectively. Therefore, we may use your personal information to understand and analyze your use of our Services. When we rely on our legitimate interest, we will carry out a balancing test between our legitimate interests and your privacy rights. Our legitimate interests include: understanding how our audience interacts with our Content, our marketing, and our Services; learning about our audience in order to improve our Services for them; developing, delivering, and maintaining relevant and engaging Content and marketing; supporting dissemination of information on topics of interest to individuals and the community; supporting individuals’ rights to receive information; and conducting our business activities and achieving our business goals.
To Comply with Legal Obligations: We will process your personal information when necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations or defend claims. For example, we may share your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, or law enforcement agency’s request.
Your Rights: Under data protection law you have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. You may exercise these rights by contacting at the addresses provided in Section 11 below.
Right to Access Personal Information: You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain details of how we use it. Your information will usually be provided to you in writing, unless otherwise requested, or where you have made the request by electronic means, in which case the information will be provided to you by electronic means where possible.
Right to Rectification: We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate. However, if you do not believe this is the case, you can ask us to update or amend it.
Right to erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, for example where the personal information we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose or, where we are relying on consent as our legal ground, you withdraw your consent. However your request to erase will be balanced against other factors. For example, we may have legal and regulatory obligations which mean we cannot comply with your request.
Right to Restriction of Processing: In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to stop using your personal information, for example where you believe we no longer need to use your personal information.
Right to Data Portability: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask that we transfer personal information that you have provided to us to another third party of your choice.
Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You may exercise your right to object to stop us from using your personal information for direct marketing. In other circumstances, you may exercise your right to object, however, whether or not we may continue to process your information will depend on the circumstances.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes before disclosing information requested to you.
Transfer of Information
11. Contact Information
1624 Market Street, Suite 202
Denver, Colorado 80202